Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ROCK-N-ROLL Baby Shower Cake

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails, That's what little boys are made of. 

"A Heart Full of Love"
A wee bit of heaven
drifted from above.
A handful of happiness,
a heart full of Love.
Author: Unknown



Welcome Baby - Will he be a Rock Star?      
Come Let me Rock you Gently
 (Ode to a rocking Chair)

Come let me rock you gently 
and as we softly sway 
I'll share with you a story 
and rock your cares away. 
 
In the years that I have known 
there has been much that I've seen.
The big "to do's", the nothing days 
and all those in between. 

To all I've offered comfort 
and a quiet place to rest 
I've rocked my share of little ones 
(oh, how I love them best!).
 
 A very tender memory 
of all of those I hold
 is one of love and caring 
that now is growing old.

 A Grandma with a little boy
placed firmly on her knee 
would for hours sit and play 
and we would rock so free! 

 The laughter in their voices 
(to which I'd add a creak!) 
would fill my day with pleasure 
and with pure joy I'd squeak!

 Oh how I loved the songs
 they sang and the games they played 
and all the stories told 
when they were all so young.
 
 Now as our time is winding down
 (it's nearly at an end!) 
I bid you please come back 
and sit when you have time to spend.

 Together we will gently sway 
and stories will unfold 
and I will rock your cares away 
as each new one is told.
(Inspired by Deborah Guzzis' The Chairs Tale contest)


No comments:

Post a Comment