Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby Shower 2-1-14

Baby Shower to welcome Camia: 

"A baby is"

A baby is cuddles and tickles on toes,
The sweet scent of powder, a kiss on the nose.
A baby is teddy bears, rattles, powder, and pins,
Meals at midnight, giggles, and grins.
 Starting the fondant pieces (Onsie, baby feet, flowers, etc), a few days to a week prior to the special occasion. These were made using homemade fondant and gum paste mixed with lemon & strawberry flavorings to enhance the taste of the fondant. A mold was used for the baby feet, a flower cutter was used for the flowers and hand formed other pieces were designed.

The Onsie will be the main attraction on the cake.



I try all different ideas to see what works for the cake I am producing. Some fondant items were kept and some items were discarded, **sigh**. I do not like to discard any items but that is always a learning curve that I am willing to make. It all takes time.



Once I have a good idea of what I want something to look like I start to color the fondant. I shape each new piece, fit them together with edible glue and review at the finished product. Walla!! New handmade fondant items were created (Bib, booties & baby bottles). 


The baby bottles are my personal favorite, Soooo Cute! I will definitely make them again. I think I will revamp the booties and bibs for another order by adding something to them.




There were 24 cupcakes and a cake ordered. Here is the finished product. So, So Adorable. I purchased a few sugar items to also decorate, for contrast (Sugar: diaper pin, bow and baby bottle).

12 Vanilla Cupcakes
12 Chocolate Cupcakes



The bottom layer of the cake is vanilla and the top layer is rich chocolate. A layer of Ganache is put between with chocolate buttercream filling, then it is iced with buttercream frosting. Decorated with handmade fondant pieces and sugar decorations.

The finished cake, adorable!

"A LITTLE BIT OF SUNSHINE"

She's a little bit of sunshine,
She's a smile to light your days,
She will steal your heart and
keep it with her warm endearing ways,
She's your precious little daughter,
With a sweetness from above
Who will fill your years with laughter
and your lives with lots of love
Author: unknown
This is the picture that was sent to me from the Baby Shower to welcome Camia. A precious little girl to love. Congratulations!



2 comments:

  1. Everyone loved this cake. My niece was so surprised. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father's Day is celebrated for a special person of the family - father. Fathers Day quotes All the sun and daughter are express love feeling with their dad and make a day extremely special. If you want to celebrate this Father Day with your father, then you need to some Beautiful Fathers Day Images, Fathers day Wallpapers, and Fathers Day GIF. Here we collect best Fathers Day Quotes Images for you. Father's Day is celebrated in all over the world on the different days.

    ReplyDelete